Transport Security Expo’s wide-ranging conference and seminar programme will be free-to-attend
2-3 December 2015 / Olympia London
Press Release – 06 November 2015
Transport Security Expo will this year be delivering more learning opportunities than ever before – and all of them will be free-to-attend for all delegates on a first-come, first-served basis. The conference and seminar sessions will cover the full range of transport security sectors – Aviation, Maritime, Rail & Public Transport, Secure Transportation and Border Security.
Working closely with its Advisory Board, the organisers of Transport Security Expo have brought together a roster of top-level speakers, all highly acclaimed opinion leaders, from across Government, industry and academia, including : -
- Ben Lowater, Deputy Director, Critical National Infrastructure, CESG
- Kashif Chaudry, Head of International Strategy & Engagement, Aviation Security, Department for Transport (DfT)
- John Lamond, General Manager - Safety Security & Business Continuity, Hong Kong International Airport
- Assistant Chief Constable Steve Thomas, British Transport Police (BTP)
- Assistant Commissioner Tim Cutbill, Head of Operational Resilience Department, London Fire Brigade
- Peter Drissell, Director of Aviation Security, The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Guido Peetermans, Project Manager - Smart Security, IATA
- Rear Admiral Cristiano Aliperta, Maritime Attaché, Embassy of Italy in the UK
Chris Stevens, Technical Security Director at SIDOS UK who will be speaking at the conference about emerging threats to transport infrastructures, commented: “I have attended every Transport Security Expo that has ever been run in the UK, and I’ve always found that it focuses on the audience’s needs, and on the specific areas that are critical to a country’s wellbeing – transport being one of these. I have presented at the Transport Security Expo for the past four years ... Transport Security Expo is a truly global conference, one that deals with very real issues, and I am delighted to be a part of it once again for 2015.”
Robert Missen, Head of Unit: Land and Maritime Security, Directorate-General for Mobility & Transport, European Commission added: “… for me, Transport Security Expo is the most important UK event to attend: not just because of the UK’s eminence in the field of transport security, but because of the conference’s excellent international focus.”
There will be two conference theatres located in the heart of the main exhibition area and all of the sessions will be CPD-accredited, courtesy of the Security Institute. There will also be a dedicated Presentation Theatre forming part of the Expo’s Future Borders Experience and offering a rolling programme of half-hour presentations delivered by leading experts in the field.
In addition, the Security Innovation Seminars theatre, also free-to-attend, will host a full two-day programme of presentations and live demonstrations from a wide range of the event’s exhibitors who will be revealing some of the very latest technologies in numerous areas including: airport check point, perimeter security, large area monitoring, digital railways, surveillance solutions, biometrics, supply chain security and integrity, maritime security and text analytics.
A number of Transport Security Expo partners will also be running their own seminars and workshops across the two days of Transec, including a Kidnap and Ransom workshop delivered by NYA International, the world-leading global risk and crisis management consultancy.
Peter Jones, CEO of Nineteen Events, organisers of Transport Security Expo, commented: “We are very excited about the variety and the outstanding quality of the conference and seminar programme we have put together this year. The fact that all of this leading edge content will be free-to-attend for all delegates will undoubtedly make Transport Security Expo a must-attend event for anyone involved in any area of transport security.”
- For more information about the Aviation Security Conference – click here
- For more information about the Maritime Security Conference – click here
- For more information about the Rail & Public Transport Security Conference – click here
- For more information about the Secure Transportation Conference – click here
Notes to Editors
Transport Security Expo Press Office
Phone: +44 (0) 844 822 1658
Mobile: +44 (0) 7739 461 061
About Transport Security Expo
- Transport Security Expo 2015 is being held from 2nd to 3rd December at Olympia London. Now in its 13th edition, it has become the main global platform for Government, Industry and Academia to come together to counter the threat against our transportation networks.
- In 2014, Transport Security Expo welcomed over 4,500 international security professionals, more than 200 leading global exhibitors, 30 + official Government-hosted country delegations and 10+ UK Stakeholder Agency delegations.
- Sectors covered by Transport Security Expo this year include Aviation Security, Maritime Security, Rail Security, Major Events Transport Security, Secure Transportation and Border Security.