INTERPOL World 2019 Programme Takes on a New Format
2 May 2019, SINGAPORE - The world’s largest international police organization, INTERPOL, has announced that the third edition of INTERPOL World will take place from 2 to 4 July 2019 at Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore. Owned by INTERPOL and supported by Singapore’s Ministry of Home Affairs, this year’s edition will focus on the theme of ‘Engaging Co-creation to Prepare for Future Security Threats’.
The focus on Co-creation is key as the objective of INTERPOL World is to provide a strategic platform for key stakeholders such as thought leaders and experts from government agencies,private entities, academia think tanks and industry, to showcase and exhibit their capabilities and share findings to shape the future security landscape through exchange and dialogue.
INTERPOL World 2019 will encompass these interlinked activities across three days:
- 32 Co-creation Labs that will focus on exploring solutions to specific real-life security problems. Police thought leaders will share their challenges with solution providers and academia, and showcase innovative and unique solutions to security threats.
- Motivational keynote presentations elaborating on perspectives for the future and new capabilities aiding security and public safety. Topics include how technology impacts our lives and implications for public safety and security for our communities in the future.
- A series of INTERPOL Working Groups (attendance by invitation only), empowering law enforcement agencies with useful data and tools to continuously improve and strengthen relationships with the communities they serve.
- An Exhibition for more than 200 international industry partners to showcase their capabilities and services.
- Networking activities to provide opportunities to develop professional and personal networks across public safety and security organizations.
Co-creation Labs Drive Two-Way Participation from Both Speakers and Attendees
With the objective of providing a strategic platform to shape the future security landscape and encourage dialogue amongst key stakeholders, INTERPOL World 2019 seeks to enhance awareness of emerging security and crime issues by focusing on three main themes in the programme:
- Global Safety Today (2 July 2019, Tuesday)
- Improving Security for Tomorrow (3 July 2019, Wednesday)
- Forecasting and Planning for the Future (4 July 2019, Thursday)
The programme will take on a new format this year with the introduction of Co-creation Labs. Instead of the standard panel discussions or Q & A sessions, the Co-creation Labs are interactive sessions that engage all participants in collaborative discussions, with the view of defining and identifying solutions to real-life public safety and security problems, exploring and challenging existing frameworks and practices to look at refinement through innovative processes and methods, thereby raising awareness of the challenges that the industry collectively face and areas for mutual collaboration. Each lab panel will consist of experts from law enforcement or a likeminded agency, academia and industry, facilitated by a moderator.
These one-and-a-half-hour sessions are deliberately curated with an audience size of 50 to 250 participants to facilitate more intimate discussions on the broad theme of the day. The Co-creation Labs are open for registration now at https://www.interpol-world.com/registration. Anyone who wishes to share their experiences and knowledge, and contribute to critical discussions that seek to collectively improve public safety and security globally are welcome to join the sessions.
Motivational speaker Richard van Hooijdonk from the Netherlands will be helming a keynote session at INTERPOL World. Richard van Hooijdonk is a trendwatcher and futurist who offers inspiring lectures on how technology impacts the way we live, work and do business. More than 420,000 people have already attended his renowned inspirational sessions and his keynote session on Day 1 is a must-attend event. Richard will share about how technology impacts the way we live and work to ensure a safer world.
We are also honoured to have Dr Mary Aiken, cyberpsychologist and academic advisor to Europol’s European Cyber Crime Centre (EC3) join us on the last day to speak at the keynote session on the future of our communities and our societies and the need to ensure public safety and maintain security.
Other confirmed speakers at the Co-creation Labs include:
- Ami BRAUN, Vice President, Cyber Technologies and Solutions, AddOn APAC Innovative Solutions, Singapore
- Anton SHINGAREV, Vice President for Public Affairs, Kaspersky Lab
- Augustine CHIEW, APAC Lead, Public Safety, Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, Singapore
- Berndt KOERNER, Deputy Executive Director, European Border and Coast Guard Agency, Frontex, Austria
- Dr David ROBERTS, Reader in Biodiversity Conservation, Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology, University of Kent, United Kingdom
- Hong-Eng KOH, Global Chief Public Safety Scientist, Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, China
- Jannine VAN DEN BERG, Chief Constable, Central Division, National Police and INTERPOL Executive Committee Delegate for Europe, The Netherlands
- Jerry Innocent AKUBO, National Technical Officer and Drone Expert, Nigeria Police Force (NCB Abuja), Nigeria
- Jevon MCSKIMMING, Assistant Commissioner, New Zealand Police, New Zealand
- Jon ROUSE, Detective Inspector, Queensland Police Service, Australia
- Justin BURTENSHAW, Superintendent Head of Protective Security and Firearms, Sussex Police, United Kingdom
- Prof Kwok Yan LAM, Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Dr Kyung-Shick CHOI, Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity Program Director, Boston University, United States
- Nathan SCUDDER, PhD Candidate, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Canberra, Australia
- Oleg GOROBETS, Security Evangelist, Kaspersky Lab
- Patrick STEVENS, Director of Counter-Terrorism Unit, INTERPOL, Belgium
- Walter LEE, Evangelist and Government Relations Leader, NEC Corporation, Singapore
- Yve DRIESEN, Chief Superintendent Judicial Police, Belgian Federal Police, Belgium
Confirmed moderators include:
- Irakli BERIDZE, Head, Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), United Nations
- Wee Lee LEE, Director, Cybersecurity, PwC, Singapore
Empowering Law Enforcement Agencies Through the Working Groups
INTERPOL organizes several high-level working groups, targeting specific topics, which meet regularly in different locations worldwide. Building on the successes of its previous editions, a series of close-door working groups (by invitation only) will be organized alongside INTERPOL World 2019:
- 2nd INTERPOL Chief Innovation Officers Expert Exchange
- 3rd INTERPOL Darknet and Cryptocurrencies Working Group meeting, co-hosted by the Bavarian Ministry of Justice
- 3rd INTERPOL Drone Expert Forum
- 2nd INTERPOL-UNICRI Global Meeting on Artificial Intelligence for Law Enforcement
These working groups aim to empower law enforcement agencies with useful data and tools in the areas of artificial intelligence, cryptocurrencies, Darknet, drones, and innovation. This will allow them to continue strengthening their global cooperation, share and discuss the latest regulations, in-depth challenges, best practices and strategies, enabling agencies to evaluate and implement in their operations.
Source for Collaboration Partners or Technology Providers at the Exhibition
The three-day trade exhibition will provide a platform for manufacturers, distributors, and Research and Development organizations to showcase their latest innovations and cutting-edge technologies to public and private entities in the law enforcement, security and likeminded industries. More than 200 international manufacturers and solutions providers will showcase emerging solutions in command and control systems, cyber-related technologies, identification technologies, information processing and data analytics solutions, smart systems and more.
The trade event is expected to draw more than 8,000 international attendees from law enforcement agencies, government departments and the commercial sectors. Market leaders to look out for include Canon Singapore, Cellebrite, Dahua Technology, DJI, Gemalto, Hangzhou Hikvision, Huawei, Industrial Innovation Group, IRIS ID, Kaspersky Labs, MSAB, NEC Corporation, NUIX, SECOM, Thermo Fisher and Veridos. There will also be several National Pavilions and Groups from China, France, Singapore and United States that will be featured on the show floor.
INTERPOL World is supported by more than 25 international organizations such as Asian Professional Security Association (APSA), Association of Information Security Professionals (AISP), Authentic Solution
Providers’ Association (ASPA), Biometrics Institute, Chartered International Institute of Security and Crisis Management (CIISCM), Cloud Security Alliance, Cross Border Research Association (CBRA), EC-Council Group, Europol, IEEE, International Association for Counter-Terrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP), International Compliance Association (ICA), International Professional Security Association, Supply Chain Safety & Security Association (SCSA), World UAV Federation and many more.
Please visit www.interpol-world.com for more information.
For media enquiries, please contact:
HAN Jia Ni (Ms)
Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: +65 6389 6637
Venelyn CHIN (Ms)
Manager, PR & Social Media
Tel: +65 3157 5627
“Connecting police for a safer world”
Our vision is that of a world where each and every law enforcement professional will be able through INTERPOL to securely communicate, share and access vital police information whenever and wherever needed, ensuring the safety of the world’s citizens. We constantly provide and promote innovative and cutting edge solutions to global challenges in policing and security.
“Preventing and fighting crime through enhanced cooperation and innovation on police and security matters”
We facilitate the widest possible mutual assistance between all criminal law enforcement authorities. We ensure that police services can communicate securely with each other around the world. We enable global access to police data and information. We provide operational support on specific priority crime areas. We foster continuous improvement in the capacity of police to prevent and fight crime and the development of knowledge and skills necessary for effective international policing. We strive for innovation at all times, in the areas of police and security matters.
INTERPOL World is a global co-creation opportunity which engages the public and private sectors in dialogue, and fosters collaboration to counter future security and policing challenges. INTERPOL World comprises of three interlinked activities: a series of niche and targeted platforms for knowledge exchange culminating in strategic co-creation labs to discuss the challenges and solutions for combating the crimes of the future; an exhibition that serves as a business and networking event for manufacturers, distributors, and Research and Development organizations to offer innovative products and cutting-edge technologies to public and private entities involved in law enforcement, security and likeminded industries. INTERPOL World will also host a series of INTERPOL working groups (by invitation only) focusing on innovation, artificial intelligence, drones and darknet cryptocurrencies. Police, public, security professionals and commercial buyers from around the world will convene in Singapore to forge mutually beneficial alliances leading to faster, more accurate responses to global security and public safety threats.
About MP Singapore
Trusted since 1987, MP embodies more than a quarter century of event building, marketing and management experience in both Eastern and Western cultures, practices, and business philosophies.
We bring world-class talent, industry expertise, and incredible enthusiasm into the design and management of extraordinary online-to-offline experiences for your organisation.
MPI is part of Pico Group, a global group of agencies specialising in engaging people, creating experiences and activating brands for businesses, institutions and governments. As part of the Pico group, MPI has unlimited access to a wide network of industry contacts and resources. Pico Far East Holdings has been listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since 1992.
For more information, visit www.mpinetwork.com.