UK Border Force has announced its official participation and support for the first annual BORDERPOL Conference and Exhibition being held in London, UK, October 16th-17th 2012.
The UK Border Force is that part of the Home Office, responsible for protection of the United Kingdom's borders.
Since 1 March 2012, the Border Force has been a separate operational command, with its own ethos of law enforcement, led by its own Director General, and accountable directly to ministers as part of the Home Office.
The UK Border Force official endorsement of the BORDERPOL Conference is an active step towards enhancing inter-agency co-operation with international forces, for improving the strength of border protection and security, from refugee and migration movement to illegal activities, such as people and narcotics trafficking.
BORDERPOL’s primary mission is to promote international borders that enhance human mobility whilst ensuring traveller safety and security and facilitate smart and secure border systems by working with the border security establishments of likeminded nations to ensure that international borders protect as well as connect people and places.
The BORDERPOL Conference & Exhibition in London forms a key element to the organizations mission and mandate promoting co-operation, consultation and communication among national border administrations and associated services and agencies.
The conference will focus considerable attention on border management in a world that is experiencing a global financial crisis and its impact on the movement of persons and goods.
The UK Border Force will contribute towards the conference programme, which will include many high level speakers, including an opening address delivered by Damian Green MP, UK Immigration Minister.
Jason Kenney, Canadian Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism , will also deliver a keynote speech at the opening of the conference.
Other confirmed industry high-profile speakers include many active senior representatives from international border agencies and agencies at the borders including:
• Col.dr. Gizella Vas, Head of Border Policing Dept, National Police of Hungary
• Police Chief Quaestor Ioan Buda, General Inspector, Border Police of Romania
• Police General Nenad Banovic, Head of Border Police Directorate, Serbia
• Manuel Jarmela Palos, National Director, SEF (Immigration & Borders Service), Portugal
• Tony Smith, Executive Board Member & Senior Responsible Owner, London 2012 Olympic Programme, UK, Border Force, UK
• Major Grzegorz Niemiec, Deputy Director of the Commanding Centre, Polish Border Guards, Poland
• John Donlon, ACPO National Co-ordinator Protect & Prepare, UK
• Colonel Antti Hartikainen, Director General of National Board of Customs, Finland
• Prof. Frank Gregory, Emeritus Professor of European Security, Mountbatten Centre for International Studies and former advisor to Home Select Committee, UK
• Ms. Penny Satches-Brohs, Senior Border Issues Advisor, Conflict Prevention Center from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), Austria
• Hugo Brady, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for European Reform, Belgium
• Malcolm Warr OBE, Technical Director, Security Association for the Maritime Industry (SAMI), UK
• Commodore R.S. Vasan (Ret’d), Director BORDER POL Asia Secretariat & Head, Strategy and Security, Centre for Asia Studies, India
For further information, full conference programme and registration details visit: www.borderpol-event.org.
Early Bird 16th August Deadline Approaching - Register Today
The early bird deadline, enabling you to save money with your registration as a conference delegate, is fast approaching. Register today to beat the 16th August early bird deadline and benefit from up to 15% discount savings.